Ship management of the TAAF oceanographic research and multipurpose supply vessel
Ship management of the MARION DUFRESNE by Louis Dreyfus Armateurs since May 2017: technical management, crew and maintenance
Louis Dreyfus Armateurs provides the French Southern and Antarctic Lands (TAAF) with our know-how and expertise in the ship management of MARION DUFRESNE, a multipurpose supply vessel and oceanographic research vessel under the French flag.
Our historical know-how in ship management and our skills allow us to carry out our mission:
- Technical management, crew and maintenance;
- Highly experienced crew, trained on several vessels of the Louis Dreyfus Armateurs fleet with a crew Department based at LDA Headquarters in Suresnes;
- Supply missions four times a year from La Reunion Port of the Southern Bases (Crozet, Kerguelen, Saint-Paul-and-Amsterdam) and periodically the Eparses Islands often in difficult sea conditions;
- Navigation on nearly 9000 km across the Indian Ocean, a good part between the Roaring 40th and the 50th Howling.
Transportation and various cargoes
- Transportation of personnel (up to 114 passengers);
- Food shipments;
- Transportation of the necessary equipment / tools / materials for the Bases operations ;
- Transport of material for construction sites;
- Transport of equipment from community partners (IPEV, CNES, CEA, Météo France, …);
- Fuel transportation.Read more about the MARION DUFRESNE: http://www.taaf.fr/Presentation-du-Marion-Dufresne