Type of Contract
- He participates in the management of the bridge department; he carries out the tasks in the most efficient way following the Commander’s Standing Orders. He assists the Commanding Officer and the Chief Officer in the drafting of reports as well as in matters of security and safety.
- The Commander delegates to him the verification of the health status, the contracts,
STCW certificates, as well as training certificates for the embarked personnel required by the specificity of the vessel.
- The following tasks are assigned to the Lieutenant according to the ship’s organization:
- He is in charge of the management of :
- Navigation charts and ECDIS updates,
- Nautical documents, flags and the ship’s library,
- Stopover documents,
- familiarization and drug policy documents,
- Relief documents, crew lists, crew reports and roll updates,
- Watchkeeper software and work/rest time compliance,
- Communication accounts (Softlog), DVD library
- On-board hospital, in case a doctor is not present on board,
- Crew meeting reports,
- End of month accounts,
- SMS documents,
- Position reports to headquarters and authorities,
- Weather forecast, Navarea & Navtex,
- G.M.D.S.S. station
- He can participate in maintenance tasks at the request of the Commander.
- He also takes part:
- To the watch on the bridge,
- In manoeuvres,
- Commercial operations.
- He manages the dynamic positioning (DP) during cable operations.
- He can take on the duties of Cable Officer during the loading/unloading of the cable.
The distribution of tasks between the different mates will be done according to the organization of the ship, which may create a specific job description in its VOM.
If necessary, makes himself available for other departments according to his skills.
Quality – Safety – Security – Environment System
- He/she is aware of the documents of the Management System, both at Headquarters and on board, and particularly those in which he/she is directly involved.
- He/she supports and complies with the policies set out in the QHSE Manual and the associated procedures, and proposes all useful improvements to this management system and, if applicable, to the Customer’s QHSE requirements.
- He reports events likely to affect the vessel and its operations, quality, safety, security or the environment.
- He is involved in environmental protection at his own level.
- He/she participates in the various exercises/trainings and/or fire/security teams, according to the “muster role” on board.
1 year experience on a cabin ship.
◈ Dynamic Positioning License, equivalent to the Nautical
STCW: II/1 or VII/1 – IV/2 – II/4 – VI/1 – VI/2 – VI/3 – VI/4 – VI/5 or VI/6 – ECDIS General – Team Management (include in the French License)
Please send your application by email directly to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply
Type of Contract