Type of Contract
Management / Direction
- Responsible for and directs the vessel’s machinery department, including main engines, auxiliary engines and equipment, electrical and automation systems, and generally all equipment on board the vessel.
- He is responsible for the maintenance and proper functioning of machinery and equipment related to cable laying or repair operations, such as linear or rotary cable machines, conveyors, cranes and winches for handling cable and subsea equipment.
- He is trained in DP (dynamic positioning) systems maintenance.
He is responsible for the maintenance of the machines and equipment by ensuring that the procedures and planning of maintenance are followed.
- He manages and orders the supply of spare parts and consumables for the machine department.
- He makes sure that his instructions and permanent instructions are well understood and applied by the officers and staff of the machine department.
- He ensures the presence and the update of the documentation relating to the equipment of the machine department.
- Follows and records the machine team’s overtime log, and verifies its compliance with the MLC 2006.
- He ensures the preparation of the various intervention reports.
- He is responsible for loading and unloading hydrocarbons on board, and implements the SOPEP and complies with local regulations if necessary.
Quality – Safety – Security – Environment System
- Familiarizes himself/herself with the QHSE system documents managed by the headquarters and by the vessel, especially those for which he/she is directly involved,
- Supports and complies with the policies set out in the QHSE Manual and associated procedures, and proposes all useful improvements to this management system and, if applicable, to the Client’s QHSE requirements,
- He reports events likely to affect the vessel and its operations, quality, safety, security or the environment,
- He is involved in environmental protection at his own level,
- He participates in the various exercises / trainings and/or fire / safety teams, according to the distribution of roles on board.
- Assists the Second Captain for the Security / Safety exercises.
- No detention in PSC
- No production stoppages due to mechanical incidents.
- No QHSE incidents, such as LTI, RWC, MTC or FAC.
8 years experience in machine service.
Maintenance training in dynamic positioning system.
STCW: III/2 or VII/1 – VI/1 – VI/2 – VI/3 – VI/4 – VI/5 or VI/6 – Team Management (include in the French License)
Please send your application by email directly to email@example.comApply
Type of Contract